Firmware version 1.4.1 released

Our engineering team released a new update for groov EPIC. Here are some of the highlights.

• OpenVPN technology now on groov EPIC For greater security in data communications, you can now connect the GRV-EPIC-PR1 to a virtual private network (VPN). Configure your EPIC as a client to connect to an OpenVPN server.
  • New options let you configure each network interface independently, for example for setting the order of priority for backup gateways and DNS provisioning.
  • New networking features include diagnostic tools (ping, test tcp port, and more) to test internet connectivity in groov Manage.
  • For Ignition users, you can now choose Ignition or Ignition Edge platforms. Note that the Opto 22 Ignition Edge license (GROOV-LIC-EDGE) works only with Ignition Edge. Contact sales@opto22.com for more details.

This latest version also adds CODESYS support for the groov serial module GRV-CSERI-4.
Also Node-RED has been upgraded to version 0.20.5.

See the groov EPIC Readme for a complete list of new features and fixes included in Version 1.4.1.

Log in to your MyOpto account or visit manage.groov.com to download version 1.4.1.

1 Like

I love this. That is awesome. I guess it is time to update my PR1 to check this out.

Any chance routing will get into groov manage? :pray:

No. At this stage we want to keep ETH0 and ETH1 totally separate.
(At this stage…)

Small bug I think on the update:

I updated my PR1 and after it reboots and the web server comes up, it shows this page:

It never redirects to anything though, it just sits there (Using firefox). Since more than a moment had passed, I refreshed the browser and I then get the welcome page.

Yeah, I have seen the odd browser refresh issue.
I have started experimenting using incognito mode when doing firmware updates, saves caching issues if nothing else.