Find the IP address of an existing device

I am attempting to connect to a SNAP-PAC-R1 device that is online. I know the MAC address (I can read it on the side) but I do not know the IP address.

I need to change its IP address. What is the easiest way to do this? Since it already has an IP address it is not visible on the MAC address search portion of PAC Manager.

Thanks!

Maybe the “Find Opto 22 MMP Device” option in PAC Manager?

If your PC and the R1 are on the same network, then aec_dan’s suggestion is exactly right. In PAC Manager, under Tools > Find Opto 22 MMP Devices…" then click the Find button. Assuming that finds it, you can then use PAC Manager again under Tools > Change IP Settings…

Or, you can just use the paper clip method (put paper clip in little RESET hole on top, release when STAT LED comes back on, and when you see that same LED start flashing amber that means it’s looking for a new IP). Just be careful because the paper clip thing can blow away ALL your settings, strategy, etc. if you hold it down TOO long. Details in the Users Guide.

I am not sure why but Find Opto 22 MMP Device did not come up with anything. I assumed the device is on a completely different subnet. I’ll do the reset, not sure why I didn’t think of that. Thanks!