A pulse signal generated by the Holzer sensor

Excuse me, a pulse signal generated by the Holzer sensor, can use the IDC5 count? If not, what kind of module is used? Thank you

Holzer sensor = hall effect??

If so, I would think an IDC5 would work fine - check the specs on the module to see if you need the IDC5-FAST version or not.

That’s it.Holzer sensor = hall effect

Is this an active or passive probe?
Are you looking at counts or frequency?

If active and depending on frequency of input the IDC5 or IDC5-FAST will work. If its a passive Hall Effect input (ie. from speed wheel, etc.) then you’ll find that the SNAP-AIRATE will do the trick. We’ve been able to read frequency inputs on passive probes (induced voltage) around 300mv with no problems.

The AIRATE-HFI requires an active (powered) input.

Thank you very much for your reply.
For the measurement of wire feeding machine, wheel speed by the way. No direct measurement of Hall effect signal. Hall effect element is not directly connected to the SNAP input module. It first connected to a dedicated circuit, the circuit output TTL or CMOS signal, this signal into the SNAP input module.

BTW, SNAP-AIRATE module is used for TTL, COMS, open collector output.It can also be directly connected to the Holzer element to measure it?

Yes - you can use the SNAP-AIRATE to interface to a passive speed probes (hall effect).
Keep in mind that the both input channels share a common - pins 2 & 6 - so wire accordingly.

Opto should adjust or re-evaluate the specs on the AIRATE. As I’ve noted, we’ve read frequency inputs from a speed wheel (more square than sinusoidal input) with a input amplitude below 300mv.

On many applications the use of passive probes is more of a safety measure verses active (powered) probes that can fail with a blown fuse/power supply. You may want to consider using an active probe input which would open more interface options (ie. IDC5-FAST, AIRATE, AIRATE-HFI). We’ve used all these modules based on our application needs (AIRATE has a resolution of 1hz while the AIRATE-HFI can read a fraction of a hz)